To help you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, I offer you ten wise and witty toasts. Pick your favorite to spout before raising those glasses of green beer.
1. May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
2. As you slide down the banisters of life
may the splinters never point the wrong way.
3. May your troubles be as few and as far apart
as my Grandmother’s teeth.
4. May the roof above us never fall in,
and may we friends gathered below never fall out.
5. May the Lord keep you in His hand
and never close His fist too tight.
6. May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been,
the foresight to know where you’re going
and the insight to know when you’re going too far.
7. May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.
And here’s to love and laughter-
I’ll be true as long as you,
And not one moment after.
9. May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour
before the devil knows you’re gone.
10. When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let’s all get drunk, and go to heaven!
I love #5! How about you? Have a great St. Patrick's Day!