Thursday, October 6, 2011

Next Chapter Bookshop Reading/Signing

Many thanks to all of those who came to my Shame the Devil reading and book signing event last Monday at Next Chapter Bookshop in Mequon, Wisconsin.  What a lovely turnout we had!
 It was great fun to see some old (well, not really "old") friends and neighbors, again, and to introduce them to my idol, Fanny Fern. The usual group of wonderfully supportive relatives attended, too, and I'm grateful for their efforts to travel far and wide to support me.
   It was especially nice to see a cohort of new-to-me people there, too -- readers who just happened by or who have made Shame the Devil a book club selection.  I'm excited to have set up some future book club skypes and visits!
Special thanks to Lanora, Next Chapter's spunky owner, for organizing and promoting the event.  Please do all you can to support your friendly neighborhood independent bookstores.  Visit them.  Buy your books there.  Go listen to authors ramble on and on about their passions.*

*This author, indeed, appreciates your time and kind attention!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment